Accommodation with history in Lofer!
Formation of the holiday apartments in Salzburg Saalachtal valley
Our house was first mentioned in a document as an Uhlenhäusl (Uhlen house) back in 1629. In 1898, our great grandfather, master tailor Andrä Millinger, bought the house and began to hire it out to summer guests in 1903. As there was no running water back then, each morning our great grandmother would put a bowl and a large jug of warm water in the room. There was also just one shared toilet, and she therefore had to empty the guests’ chamber pot each day. The small ground floor room served a 3-fold purpose; as a living room for the great grandparents, a breakfast room for the guests and a tailor workshop.
It remained this way until 1950 when our grandfather, who was also a tailor, took over the hotel and installed running hot and cold water. From then on, breakfast was served in the room.
In 1962, ownership including the tailor business was passed down to its third generation, our father Anton. He demolished the adjoining goat pen and erected a new building in its place. With the help of his wife, Elsbeth, he ran a tailor workshop, a clothes cleaning service and a small women’s fashion shop. In 1982 the old Uhlen house was demolished and 3 holiday apartments were built for summer and winter holidays in the Saalachtal valley.
In 2003, this wonderful place was handed over to us. We are enormously grateful for this, and rent out our property with plenty of joy and love. Our guests leave as our friends. In order to ensure maximum comfort, we have invested and modernised the property each year. Three generations have lived in our property and we can therefore offer the perfect sightseeing or walking tips for people of all ages.
We look forward to welcoming you as a guest in our historical “tailor house”